Artist in Residence Blekinge – Sweden
We are glad to invite artists to apply to A.I.R Blekinge. The residence is based in Ronneby in the County of Blekinge in the South East archipelago of Sweden. Three artists will be selected to live and work during a month, with the possibility of a later return for collaborations or exhibitions.
A.I.R. Blekinge offers you place and resources for artistic development. Our aim is to establish long-term collaborations between different actors in the region with its starting point during the residency.
Through scheduled travels you will explore the county with its towns, cities and archipelago and meet with representatives from different places and institutes, to provide new contexts, starting points or conceptual directions.
We want to be a catalyst for new art production in the Baltic region, with artistic freedom from beginning to end.
Disciplines: Visual Arts
Location: Ronneby and the region of Blekinge, Sweden
Date: 1-26 October 2018. Duration: 1 month
Deadline application: July 11th 2018
Eligibility: Visual artists based in, or have connections to, the Baltic Sea Region and all Scandinavian countries. Two artists from the Baltic countries and one artist based in, or have connections to, Blekinge.
Eligble countries in the extended geography: Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Finland, Poland, Germany, Russia, Denmark, Norway and Iceland.
Support: a stipend, travel and accommodation and possibilities for production funds.
URL for more information: http://konstiblekinge.se
What do we offer? What does the Residency include?
• Workshop studios and facilities for production and installations.
• A stipend/grant of 2000 Euro.
• Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from the residence.
• Accommodation at Villa Flora in the old Ronneby city park, with shared kitchen
• Per Diem
• Studio facilities
• Studio for large scale projects, enamel, graphic printing, textile and more.
• Possibility to use smaller exhibition spaces during the residency.
• Meetings with relevant collaborators for the future.
• Meetings regarding possible funding’s of your project ideas or productions in the region.
• Possibilities to reflect and discuss your artistic practise with curators and art institutions.
• Meetings with the Blekinge Institute of Technology specializing in digital media and spatial planning, or other collaborators of your interest, for instance in the industry.
• Program in cities, countryside and archipelago where you will meet culture departments.
• A new network of collaborators.
We expect you as an artist to
• Be active part of meetings/visits arranged with actors around the region.
• Present your work for artists and cultural workers in the region in an informal setting.
• A workshop or program involving the local audience during your stay.
• Propose ideas for future projects in Blekinge.
• Get interviewed in in our Art Podcast, or publish a digital online art work at www.konstiblekinge.se
• If you are an artist based in, or with connections to, Blekinge – we expect you to live and work together with the artists travelling to the area.
Thematic concepts for the residence
We will especially look upon artists who work in the fields that we propose, but we are very much open to surprise and to other proposals from artists. The specific areas of interest are:
…public spaces, city development and participatory projects – experiments and activating places.
…digital media, technologies and interdisciplinary approaches.
…archipelago and cultural heritage.
…the relation city and countryside, the rural and urban.
…or other topics totally free of choice for the artists but relevant to the region.
What to submit in your application?
A motivation text for your residence period, CV, website, relevant reference object and contacts. Send it in ONE PDF-file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for your application is July 11th 2018 24:00 CET
Konst i Blekinge will contact the chosen artists at the latest July 27th. The decision will be published on our website www.konstiblekinge.se
Organizers and funding bodies:
Konst i Blekinge, Region Blekinge, Kulturcentrum Ronneby konsthall, Ronneby kommun
Torun Ekstrand, art developer at Konst i Blekinge/Region Blekinge email@example.com